Friday, July 25, 2008

Laundry Soap

So I've been wondering what I was going to do for the hour the soap "cooks" at the next hot process soap class... the very first hot process class for SFS. But it came to me recently, I'm also going to teach you folks how to make your own laundry soap! For about $3 or less you can have 3-4 GALLONS of laundry soap! How cool is that. Not only do you then not have any wasteful plastic containers to recycle but you've got a few more dollars in your pocket to use in some other non-laundry way!

If you're interested in that but don't necessarily want to go to the hot process class no worries! I'll be teaching this little trick at Sustainable Ballard at the end of September too. So if this interests you get ready (and find yourself a 5 gallon bucket... most groceries have lots they throw away).

2 comments:

Sculpin said...

That's a lot of soap!

Will it be okay in one of those high-efficiency front-loading machines? I gather they need soap that isn't particularly sudsy, or bubbly hell breaks loose.

Seattle Free School said...

A coworker of mine was wondering the same thing and took a bit. As far as I know it turned out fine. I don't think it's particularly sudsy but I'll double check with him and also pay attention with the next round of laundry to make double sure.