Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why you should teach...

This is feedback from Grace, our wonderful Embroidery teacher. She had mentioned that she felt she really got quite a bit out of teaching so we asked her to write something up. This is what she had to say:

I would have never thought I could stand in a room full of people, let alone instruct them on how to do something! Teaching has a lot of hidden benefits, including a genuine sense of accomplishment. I discovered a lot about my self, including that I could do more than I thought I ever could. After every class, I always feel that I learn just as much as my students. Teaching is a great way to look at any subject through a different set of eyes, even something that you may accept as "something you've always done". I've come to cherish my students accomplishments - its a very positive feeling knowing that I helped facilitate that success.

No comments: