Wednesday, January 23, 2008

updates!!!

Been a while since I've posted and yet there's a ton going on. The Keeping Chickens in the city class will be happening soon... just trying to pin down a day with the interested folks and then the Seattle Public Library.

I've met with Dani from Team Victory Seattle as they were also talking about starting a free school. Very soon we'll be heading down to Olympia to check out the free school and get some much needed advice.... no need to duplicate mistakes if we don't need to! Hopefully we'll all be working together on this... the more the merrier!

Met last Sunday with DIY Seattle who is also very excited about the free school. They are going to be putting on a DIY academy during the summer and hope to have a variety of classes. I hear they're talking about silkscreening and I am definately hoping this one comes true as it's something I've wanted to learn for a long time now!

I guess that's about it. I've emailed folks a flyer (sorry for the spam) and would ask that you distribute info at will. If anyone reading this didn't get one just email me at seattlefreeschool@gmail.com and I'll get one to you asap.

K, that's it for now, see you all at a Seattle Free School class soon!

No comments: