Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why Teach?

We asked Cara, our friend and instructor of the very popular Pasta Making classes why she chose to teach with Seattle Free School. Here's what she said:

I have attended three Seattle Free School classes (cheese making, soap making and canning) and have really enjoyed them. I love the idea of the Seattle Free School, and the ability to go to a class for a night to learn something new and fun has been great. I taught making pasta because it is something I never realized you could make at home until a coworker explained that it is just eggs and flour.

The classes I have attended all seemed to be of the same idea, that you hear from someone how to make something on your own that you would never think to try, and hear the tricks to be successful. I hope to continue to take new classes and teach classes to give back to this great organization because it was nice to see how excited everyone was to learn this simple skill.

No comments: